Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Time to Wash The Sheets

Let me tell you about nap time today. Really, its very similar to this most days. Sometimes its easier to handle than other days, but still usually the same.

So I lay Camden and Landon down for naps. (they share a room)

I have to fight Camden a few times to stay in his crib, but he falls asleep.

20 minutes pass.

Landon, who has not gone to sleep, begins crying because he doesn't want to take a nap.

This wakes Camden.

I try to be a nice mommy. I try rocking them back to sleep.

Bad idea. Nobody wants to be rocked, everyone wants down, and nobody wants anyone else to touch them, resulting in whines and pushes and subtle kicks at the offending party's feet.

I make a decision. Its Wednesday, church day, and the two little ones need naps.

I put them both back in their beds.

The process starts over.

This time, Landon falls asleep.

Camden stays in his bed (thankfully) but doesn't go back to sleep.

As I fold clothes in the living room and can hear Camden talking (from his crib), I decide this is better than nothing.

Eventually (after over an hour), its becomes clear that Camden had his 20 min. power nap and IS NOT going back to sleep.

I make another decision....its time to let Camden up so at least Landon can have a good nap before church.

I quietly sneak into their room on the off chance Camden has fallen asleep in the last 30 seconds.

Nope. Wide awake. And...

...butt naked.

What?!

He took his diaper off.

Then peed on his sheets and blanket.

I guess he showed me...

No comments:

Post a Comment