Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cams is FIVE!!

Whew!!!  After all the counting down, its finally here - its your birthday!!!!  Happy 5th Birthday, Camden Isaiah Ball!!!  You have been eagerly anticipating this day for a very LONG time!!  When we got to the one-month-out mark, you didn't think you could stand it any longer.  And, oh boy, the last 10 days when you've been able to count down each day have been fun.  And now that its today, I hope its a super day filled with lots of fun just for you!!

We have a full agenda with swimming and a special lunch and then your request of homemade pizza for dinner and no bake cookies for dessert.  Oh, and there may be a present to open, too. ;)  But, for just a minute, let me think about how big you've gotten over the last year.

You are so stinkin' funny....still!  You still make silly faces, you still say silly things, and you still have a one-of-kind inflection in your voice.  You are sweet and kind and ornery and all-boy.  You laugh and cry and snuggle and build and imagine.  The other day you blew me away with a truck you built out of blocks, and nearly everyday you and your brothers put on self-created costumes and act out Pirates of the Caribbean or Star Wars.

You are so excited to start Kindergarten this year.  I know that you will just blossom because you are already a very smart boy.  Last week, your brothers showed you how you can add numbers on your fingers and you haven't missed an opportunity to practice.

You are still super attached to your "night-night" which makes me smile.  Even though you're such a big kid now, there's something sweet about seeing you wrap up in your night-night (soft side to you, of course), suck your thumb, and crawl into bed (or mine and Daddy's bed in the wee hours).  

You are a rough and tumble boy and your legs always have the bruises to prove it.  You love to play outside and to help in the garden.  You absolutely loved your first year of t-ball and were so fun to watch.  

You like to dance and sing and you don't tell me to stop (yet) when I join in.  We love the Happy song and I may or may not have added it to our iTunes just for you and Landon.  You also love to sing songs about Jesus.  Yesterday, we were listening to the radio in the car and I heard you say to Landon, "Oh, Landon, I really like this song, don't you?  Its about the Lord!"  I just smiled and turned it up a little louder.  You are hilarious to watch dance.  Sometimes you just spin around and act crazy, but others you try to do the robot and it cracks me up every.single.time.  I guess you get your dance moves from your Mama.  Sorry about that. ;)

You are pretty crazy about your big brothers and your baby sister...and your mom and dad and the rest of your family.  You are almost always the one to initiate "High-Low" at dinnertime....which means you determine the order in which we all go....and then you have a bunch of highs and lows every day.

You are so much fun, Cams.  I'm so glad that God made you a part of our family.  I am praying for all the great big things He is going to do in you and through you as you grow.  I love you times infinity, buddy.

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment