Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Little From Our Week

Last night, we took the boys out to dinner and to get ice cream. As Ayden and Landon were enjoying their cup of strawberry deliciousness, Ayden looked up and told me, "God gave us tongues so we can taste ice cream." I love the way he sees God and I love the glimpse of the Father that I get through his little four year old eyes.

Ayden has also been having an incredibly hard time with being homesick for Missouri lately. He has also turned into quite the storyteller. So, the other night, this is the one he told me:
Julia and Levi came to Jacksonville, Florida to get me. Then we gooooot in the car, and we drove a loooooooong way to Missouri. That's where Grammy's house is. And Julia and Levi were so glad to see me. Then we had seeeeeven sleeping nights. Then we went to my old house in Missouri. And Julia and Levi came to my old blue room. And we had cookies!!

He has also appointed himself tutor for Landon's speech. He tells Landon to say all kinds of words (good ones, though....get your mind out of the gutter!). "Landy, say 'mama'....daddy, poppy, grammy, poot-ie-ay.... But, there's one word, in a certain tone of voice, that he has never told Landon to say. Yet, Landon has it down perfectly. He said it last night at Target after I tried a pair of flip flops on his feet but then put them back. Are you ready? You'll have to really picture this...with all the attitude I'm pretty sure I used when I was a kid (and probably still do at times)..."MAmaaaaa." Like, "hello, I wanted that to go MY way." Jesse just laughed....

Its all his fault, you know. I was a good kid. Its a good thing his children are as cute as he is...

No comments:

Post a Comment