Saturday, June 19, 2010

Thirsty

Its hot. Really hot. Like, cooking eggs on a sidewalk hot. So hot that sitting by the boys' little kiddie pool isn't even relaxing. So hot that I feel like taking three showers a day. So hot that even walking outside causes me to break a sweat.

When I think about how hot and uncomfortable I'm feeling, its usually followed by another thought. I'm thirsty. Really, really thirsty. Thirsty for a big glass of cold water. I've been thirsty a lot this week. Which has made me think.

How thirsty am I for the Lord? Do I long for a long drink from His word? Do I find refreshment after filling myself with Him? Does He bring me satisfaction? Is He the only One who can truly quench my thirst?

I know what my answer is. He's brought me to the place where only He satisfies. I can't get enough. When I get a taste, it leaves me longing for more. I'm so thankful for this season in my walk with Him.

So, I'll leave you with this thought.

Are you thirsty?

1 comment:

  1. I am too...but like in my physical life...water isn't what I use to quench my thirsty...I find myself guilty of not allowed to the Lord to be the thirst quencher...learning new lessons all the time...thanks for your words today...very encouraging!!!

    ReplyDelete