Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ode to Imaginary Friends

You may remember that I've blogged about Ayden's invisible friend Goliaf. Well, Goliaf got old, I guess, because he hasn't been around in a few weeks. He was replaced with Wall-E, Princess Eloise, and Prince Alexander. Now that trio has gone everywhere with us. After I unbuckle Ayden from his carseat he climbs into the back of the Suburban and makes a clicking noise as he "unbuckles" his "friends" so they can go in too. Sunday, we were running late to church and didn't have time for him to rescue his friends, so they had to stay in the car. Mean Mama. This week, Wall-E, Princess Eloise, and Prince Alexander are gone to the Movie Castle (that's Disney World in Aydenese). So, he's been hanging with the Furious Five. I've had to watch them practice kung fu all day today. Ayden shared his grilled cheese and Cheetos with them at lunch...which may explain why he ate TWO WHOLE sandwiches. The rested with him this afternoon, and they wanted to help me cook dinner. After all that, Ayden brought out the big bag of tools that Landon got for Christmas and dumped them on the living room floor (yep, the one I've been trying to clean). He announced that he was going to build a house. But, he didn't know how and needed my help. Only, I was feeding Camden, so I advised him to ask the Furious Five for help. He informed me that my idea wouldn't work. The Furious Five apparently don't know how to cut wood. "Oh," I replied. "Why don't you find Handy Manny? He's really good at building things." His response? "No, Mama, Handy Manny lives in cartoons."
Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment