Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Questions I Have

The following questions have come to mind throughout the day today. Its not been a bad day, just a busy one. I love my little boys and my life is better because of them. They make me smile (most of the time), and their presence in my life is a source of constant joy. I would like to reiterate...its been a good day. But the comments and stares of others have prompted most of these questions:

-Why does my almost two year old (in 4 more days) think that its funny to run from me in public? Doesn't he know it makes me look bad to chase him? Its a good thing his jacket had a hood, because I grabbed him by that several times. Hey, it thwarted the escape attempt. What's a gal to do?

-Why do people feel the need to ask "You have all boys?!" Uh, yes...its not like they are dressed in gender neutral duds...

-Why do people feel like they need to inform me that I have my hands full? Really? Are you sure? Thanks for letting me know!

-Why, oh why, can the folks at Costco not work with me? Can't they see that if I have to get all three of my children out of the cart in order to pay that my well-oiled routine is going to crumble? Why can't they break the rules, just this once, and let me keep my cart on my side of the register?

-Why do the same checkout people have to look annoyed as I pin my two year old between my legs, balance the baby who's chubby fingers are reaching for the pen I'm using to sign the check, and look every 1.3 seconds to be sure my oldest is still next to me? Remember Mr. Costco Cashier Man, if I could have just left them in the cart we wouldn't have run into this problem.

-And, finally, why oh why oh why does it have to rain before I make it out of the last stop of the day? I'm not talking about a downpour, but a steady, somewhat heavy rain just the same. The kind of rain that's cold with wind blowing it in your face and in the face of your three children who are ready for nap time. The kind of rain that quickly soaks through light jackets and hoods. The kind that soaks the box I had so thoughtfully planned to pack my groceries in. The kind of rain that drives a wife to call her husband and see if there's a chance he might like to meet her at home to unload the car, only to get his voicemail...twice. The kind of rain that stops and allows the sun to shine through about 4.7 seconds after getting everyone and everything unloaded and buckled and so on. Yep, it was that kind of rain.

And it was that kind of day.

But, I wouldn't change it for anything.

**No Costco employees or innocent bystanders were harmed through the course of this day. And through the power of the Holy Spirit, none were even treated rudely. Like Mary, I just "stored these things up in my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment