Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Tale of the Unneeded Mother

I experienced a first tonight.

We were at church and it was time for Ayden to go to Preschool Choir.

He put on his shoes (I don't know why he thinks he needs to kick them off at the threshold of the youth room).

He stood up.

He ignored my outstretched hand.

Then he informed me he didn't need my help.

"I can go all by myself, mama."

And, as I followed at an unseen distance, that is exactly what he did.

He marched down the stairs.

He pushed the buzzer button and waited patiently for Miss Deb to open the door.

He opened said door and took off down the hallway.

He didn't stop (too much) until he got to the doorway of the preschool choir room.

And in he walked his little four year old self.

I love that he's growing up.

But, I hate that he's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment