Monday, February 1, 2010

Sweet Sounds

I just had the privilege of my very own concert! Landon has been in his toddler bed for about a week now, and so there is a battle at bedtime to get him to stay in his bed. At first it was going really well...and now, well....now its not. Its been taking well over an hour for him to fall asleep because he's up every 3 seconds. So, tonight, soon after putting the boys to bed, I heard a sound coming from Ayden's and Landon's room that sounded like toys being moved around. I marched myself that way, prepared to do battle. But, Landon wasn't out of his bed. Neither was Ayden. The sound I heard was Ayden smacking his fist on his palm. Then, I heard "...ve rains came down and ve floods came up, and the house on the rock stood firm...." He finished that song and went straight into "Only a Boy Named David," then "This Little Light of Mine," and "Christmas Bells Are Ringing." I very rarely get the treat of hearing Ayden sing as you might remember from this. He's definitely not a performer...unless he's in the mood...which he is...a lot...unless I want him to...then...not so much. Anyway, at the end of his singing, Landon tried his own version of one of the songs (I think he was saying "the house on the sand went SMASH!). Then, Ayden saw me and told me to come and sit on his bed so he could sing to me. What is sweeter than a four year old singing "Jesus Loves Me?" Now that's what I call a good ending to the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment