Thursday, February 18, 2010

To My Old Friend Nap Time

Dear Nap Time,
I'm not sure why you've felt the need to desert me. Maybe you didn't realize just how much I appreciated you. Do you remember that I have three...three...little boys? Do you realize that they very much need naps for my sanity and their safety? I'm weary from my morning and when you come, I very much like the quiet and the time to myself and the hour or two to get things done. It takes a lot out of a person to help entertain imaginary friends, which, by the way, change on a daily basis depending on the movie that Mr. A has on the brain. Then there's Mr. I'm-Entering-the-Terrible-Twos-And-Constantly-Pushing-My-Limits-And-Am-Showing-Myself-To-Be-Just-As-Strong willed-As-My-Older-Brother. Need I say more? I know...but I will. The little man is all over the place picking up any minute particle off of the floor and instantly putting it in his mouth. Today he swallowed something without me even knowing. I guess it didn't make his tummy feel very well because he promptly threw his lunch up all over me. I'm sure you now realize why I was so ready for you to come today. But, you didn't. You left me alone. No nap for one, 30 min. for another, and a blessed hour or so for another. Please, please old friend, come back to my house. We'll all be in much better moods and so many problems could be avoided if everyone was well rested. Consider it, at least? Don't make me beg...

No comments:

Post a Comment