Monday, February 22, 2010

Official and Random News

Tear, tear, sob, hiccup...it's official. My beloved firstborn is enrolled in VPK for next year. I am so excited for him, because he is so excited. I'm also sad because it doesn't seem like he's old enough to go to school yet. Alas, it is what it is and its going to be wonderful. We found a great place for him to attend with people who love the Lord and love children. Ayden is having a hard time understanding that he has to wait until August. He's like, "Okay, Mama, we can go home and get my backpack, and you can put a peanut butter sannich in it. Then I can go to school!!" He's such a cutie!!

Our weekend was pretty slow-paced. Thank you, Lord. It was a really hectic and busy week and it was nice to be home. I got up BEFORE the crack of dawn on Saturday to go walking at the park with my friends. They are training for the River Run...and I'm crossing my fingers hoping that I can do it, too. But, the RR is 9 miles and we only went 3.5 and if I can be honest, I was a little sore yesterday. Leanne sets a breakneck pace, especially for this seriously out of shape chick! After walking, I came home...so Jesse could leave. He took 20 students to the City Rescue Mission to volunteer. Have I mentioned we have awesome, great, wonderful, super, fantastic students? We do. Anyway, the boys and I stayed home and I did laundry, laundry, laundry. But, I got it done! We ended the day with dinner together and Jesse and I watched the Olympics after putting the boys to bed.

Yesterday was a great day in the house of the Lord. A great Sunday School lesson followed by a wonderful worship service. We sang The Revelation Son. If you know the song, you know it was good. This Baptist girl was thinking about busting a move in the middle of the sanctuary! We had lunch with a group of our students and then came home and relaxed....boring, I know. But, we liked it!!

Tonight we are having a sweet couple over for dinner...so I need to get busy! Have a great day!

Oh wait, Leanne...I almost forgot....yesterday at lunch Ayden took a bite of mac n' cheese and burned his tongue. There was some serious whining going on last night. He wanted me to kiss his tongue. I had to gently break the news that there are just some things mamas don't do. And kissing the tongue of their 4 year old is definitely on the list. Then he wanted me to take him to the tongue store to get some medicine. Where do they come up with this stuff? It cracks me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment