Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Miles to Go

Tonight was the first night of Ladies Night Out - East. Imagine almost 50 women, most young moms and a couple with infants, crammed into a living room and kitchen, with pens poised, journals open, and hearts expectant to hear God's voice. That's what I got to experience tonight. Today has been a good day with the Lord. I'm so thankful that He led me to a place where I can be mentored as a wife and mother. To be challenged with questions of "What tone do you set for your home?" and "What kind of mother do you want to be?" Although God has already been teaching me much in this area, I was so encouraged and challenged as a sweet woman took the time to teach us truths she has learned from God's word over the years. I have much running through my mind tonight, and many ideas I am praying about implementing. I want to be more focused on parenting to the heart of my boys and training their hearts while building their character. Even though they are young, I see areas that they excel in, and others that need some tweaking. My prayer through it all is that I can be transparent with them...that they can see how God's word is applicable to our lives and to see it lived out each day...and that when we stumble and fall, our Father is quick to pick us up, dust us off, and set us back on the course.
As we drove home tonight, I shared that I so enjoy LNO because its very practical...right at the place my life is...and God is teaching me about practicality right now...how a simple, childlike view of Him could alter my thinking forever...and how the principles in His word are practical...they don't need to be complicated...they can be used, without being altered...just as they are. I'm a work in progress, but so thankful He considers me worthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment