Sunday, December 13, 2009

Better Luck Next Time?

I have looked forward to tonight for the last few weeks. Sadly, it was a letdown. Tonight was supposed to be Ayden's big debut in the preschool choir.

He has walked around singing his songs for the last three weeks.

I tried to make today perfect so he'd be in a good mood.

I've been talking it up.

Telling him I'll take pictures and video it.

Getting him all dressed up in his new Christmas outfit.

Running into the church with him about 5 min. late.

Making a last minute bathroom run.

Getting him back onto the stage.

All of that for him to sit while everyone else stood. Sit while they opened their mouths and made a joyful noise. Sit while they smiled for their parents cameras. Sit while his daddy and I furiously motioned for him to stand up and sing. Sit, sit, sit.

When it was over he came to sit with us. Wanna know what he said? "Mama, I wanna sing in the choir. Can I sing in the choir now?" Then he looked up at me and smiled, gave me a kiss and hug, put his thumb in his mouth...and fell asleep.

Better luck next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment