Saturday, December 12, 2009

Don't Cry Over Spilled Coffee or Broken Eyeshadow

I've been meaning to post for the last few days, but haven't had the chance to sit down!! We spent all day yesterday at Disney. It was the first time for everyone but me and we had a blast! We rode all kinds of rides, met Buzz Lightyear, ate popcorn, rode the monorail, saw some awesome shows, and watched Hollywood Studios Streets of America light up with over 5 million lights! It was a wonderful day!! It was also so nice to spend a day all by ourselves. We left the cell phones in the car, and so we were literally alone (in the mass of all the other people visiting Disney yesterday). The boys all crashed on the way home, Ayden first. We stopped just outside of Orlando to get some dinner (Chick-Fil-A, baby!), but he was already out and never woke up to eat.
Today was the Preschool Christmas Party at church and so we dropped all three kiddos off at 10 this morning and didn't have to pick them up until noon. For two hours Jesse and I wandered around the mall drinking coffee and buying stocking stuffers for the boys at Target. Its the longest we've been on our own since Camden was born. I can't tell you how nice it was to have one another's undivided attention.
But, the inspiration for the title of this post, is from Thursday. I have been dragging all week and haven't gotten up early enough to have my quiet time before the boys wake up. So, I've been going to the far side of the living room to read and pray and study...because its away from the main action, but I can still make sure they aren't destroying anything. On Thursday, the two older boys were literally running circles around me making all kinds of noise. As I was finishing, Landon walked over and as quickly as only toddlers can, dumped my coffee all over my bible study book. At least it wasn't my bible! Grr!!! Ayden apologize for him..."Mama, he's really sorry. Landon didn't mean to spill your coffee on your study book!" A few minutes later, I realized my bathroom door was open (I try and always leave it closed...you'll see why). As I went to shut it, I discovered Landon...in my makeup...I'm pretty sure he had eyeshadow on his lips...and some on his eyes...and crumbled all over the sink....and the floor...my brand new eyeshadow that I loved... *sigh* Such is the life for now! He even had the audacity to look up at me and smile....and of course I smiled back... The Little Monster!! I emailed a few friends about our morning, and one suggested I blog about it....she even suggested the title. So, LT, this one's for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment