Monday, December 21, 2009

The Reason for the Season

I LOVE Christmas!! Its my favorite time of year! I love the decorations, music, baking, shopping, giving, and receiving that go along with it. But, my favorite part of Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus. As a mom, I can't imagine giving the life of one of my sons for the sins of myself or others. Yet, God in his great love for us, did that very thing. Amazing!! I try to always stay focused on the Lord amidst all the busyness that the holiday creates, and I do my best not to stress out but to enjoy these times. Ayden and I have been busy the last week baking cookies and candy and I enjoyed making memories with him...even though it slowed me down. I look forward to the time when Landon and Camden are old enough to join in.

We had a particularly good discussion in Sunday school yesterday regarding Christmas. Each of the teachers shared our favorite name for God and why we feel like its a gift to us. I chose the name El Roi - God Sees Me. This name for God was only used once in the Bible, by Hagar after she ran away from Abram and Sarai. An angel met her in the desert and told her to go back. She then received a blessing from God and she gave Him the name El Roi. I love this name because it speaks of the intimate relationship God wants to have with each of us.
When I feel like I'm just one of many...He sees me.
When I've been hurt...He sees me.
When I feel like I'm all alone...He sees me.
When I rejoice...He sees me.
When I mess up...He sees me.
When I raise my hands in worship...He sees me.
When I put my face on the ground before Him...He sees me.
Do you know that He sees you, too? May El Roi reveal Himself to you during this Christmas season in ways he never has before. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment