Monday, December 14, 2009

It's a Good Thing His Head is So Hard

Man oh man, what a morning we had! We HAD to make a Wal-Mart/Target run to get a few groceries and gifts. Landon hates riding in the cart, but he has to because I can't steer the cart and hold his hand and shop all at the same time. He stands up a lot in the cart, and I always make him sit down so he doesn't fall. But, he's so short, I have a hard time seeing him over Camden's car seat. So, sometimes, I don't notice right away that he's standing. That was the case today. We were finishing up at Target and as I started to make a turn I saw, to my horror, that Landon was standing up...and losing his balance. As if in slow motion, I ran to catch him, but not in time. He fell headfirst onto the floor and immediately a crowd of onlookers gathered around to hear his wails. I felt like a terrible mother. I know it was an accident. I know I don't let him stand up in the cart, for that very reason. I know all of that. But the other shoppers don't. I'm pretty sure they thought I was a terrible momma. Luckily, Landy wasn't hurt and he stopped crying very quickly. He recovered faster than me...I shook for 30 minutes. Then, when we got home, he was sitting in Ayden's little Diego chair and lost his balance again. And fell on his head-again. This time it was just on the carpet, though. Poor guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment