Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ladies Night Out

Last night, I had the opportunity to attend Ladies Night Out with some friends from church. What a sweet time it was! The lady that leads the group simply shares from her heart the things God has taught her about being a wife and mom. The focus last night was putting Christ back in Christmas. Some of the suggestions she made are things we already do, but others are something we want to put into practice in our family. One of the girls described these monthly meetings as "refreshing," and I think that is the best description. There are so many things I want to teach my children but sometimes feel at a loss because of they are still so young. She gave practical ideas and said things that made me think about the way I sometimes respond to the boys. Even if they aren't in trouble...do I coach them to do things the right way? Do I encourage and speak to them with respect? What tone am I setting for my home? How do I respond to my husband?
As I've gone through the morning, I find myself thinking about the things that were taught last night, and asking the Lord to mold me and help me to apply the practices into my life. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment