Tuesday, November 17, 2009

And We're Off!

In approximately 15 hours we will be on the road towards Missouri for a nice, looong visit with our family and friends. I'm so excited! I just can't hide it! I'm about to - oops, I got carried away. Back to the subject at hand. I'll leave for the airport in an just a little bit to pick up my dad who will then help me drive the boys to MO tomorrow morning. First, we'll drop Jesse off at the airport to fly to Arizona. He'll be performing his best man duties at the wedding of his best bud (do guys refer to one another as besties? :) ). Then, he'll meet us in MO on Sunday as we spend the week, including Thanksgiving, with our family. I'm totally psyched that I get to be there for Black Friday. For many years now, my mom, sisters, and I spend that day together shopping and the thought of not being there for the annual mother-daughter day would be hard to bear.
Of course, children only seem to get sick on weekends or before going out of town, and true to form, Landon had to go to the doctor today. She said he was on the verge of a sinus infection and went ahead and prescribed an antibiotic since we're leaving in the morning. Hopefully he'll be feeling better before we get there. Although, I have to admit, its nice that he's not getting into everything while I'm trying desperately to get it all done before we go. I'm pretty sure that makes me a bad mom....but Dr. G told me I'm a good mom b/c I'm so patient (2 of my children were crying at this point and one was making all kinds of noise), so I think the two cancel each other out and I end up even. Right? Besides, I didn't mention that I was on my best behavior because I was out in public.
Okay, I've had a nice blogging break, but now I must return to housework and last minute packing. Please pray for a safe trip for all of us and Landon to get over this illness (and the other two not to get sick). I'll leave you with some words of wisdom I had to share with a certain sassy three year old today when he told me he was NOT my friend anymore..."Well, Ayden, its not my job to be your friend. My job is to teach you to obey." Oh Brother!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment