Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thoughts on Worship

I experienced such a sweet time of worship with our students last night. They are beginning to take small little baby steps towards understanding what worship really is and how it goes so far beyond singing. I am doing the Beth Moore bible study "Stepping Up" with two other ladies, and am enjoying learning about the worship from the Psalms. In our video session last week, Beth talked about the way we respond during times of worship through music. She quoted some well known hymns and praise and worship songs and challenged us to think about the words. Of course this is something I already knew, but I so needed a refresher. I've found myself in the last week, stopping myself from just singing along without paying attention and focused on the words. Needless to say, I've had some amazing times with the Lord the last few days! Last night, as we sang praises to God, I found myself constantly praying for the words to be true of me. I can't get this one out of my head:

I love You,
And all of my hope is in You
Jesus Christ
Take my life, take all of me

No comments:

Post a Comment