Saturday, November 7, 2009

So Tired...Must Sleep

We had a lock-in with the students last night. Jesse and I had cautiously planned on 20-25 teenagers, so we were shocked to see them keep coming, and coming, and coming. We ended up with over 60! 60!! Did you hear me? And students are good at staying up all night...until about 5am when exhausted adults get a twisted sense of pleasure from throwing things at them, taking pictures of their drooling, etc. You get the idea. I would say I'm getting old, but I've never been one to pull all-nighters. And I had all three of my children at the lock-in all night...and 2 out of 3 slept only about 4 hours. We all fell asleep when we got home and nobody moved for about 3 hours. And, even though I'm now awake, I'm counting down until bedtime. But, I did want to share that we have some really great students in our church, and I so appreciated and enjoyed the small group time I shared with a fun group of girls. I feel humbled by the fact that they feel like they can open up and ask honest questions about the Lord.

Okay...I don't think I can continue forming coherent thoughts...so I'll leave with this....Jesse and I played Knights, Mounts, Cavaliers with the students, and we were doing pretty good. But, Jesse's knee has really been bothering him lately and so the longer we played and he had to lift me, the more it hurt him. The last time he lifted me up he was literally grunting and gritting his teeth. Talk about motivation for weight loss!! Thanks, dear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment