Friday, November 20, 2009

Attack of the Killer Dogs

Ahh, farm life. I'm totally not a farm girl, even if I grew up on one. We are on day 2 of our Missouri visit and having a great time. Today my sister Katie and I went for a jog/walk. I have a couple of crazy friends who are trying to get me to participate in the River Run in March, which is over 9 miles. Leanne sent us all a website that advertises going from the couch to 5k in 8 weeks. And so, Katie went out to do the workout with me. We headed out down the lane and remembered when we got to the corner that the neighbors have 6 or 7 dogs that like to chase cars and probably people. Being the brave ladies, we decided to only walk up and down the lane instead of continuing on the road. But, about the same time, the dogs showed up. I like to call them killer dogs... One of them started chasing after us. Katie was trying to keep it together, but I told her she was on her own and started jogging back to the house. My bro, Michael, heard the commotion and came out with the .22 ready to take the dog out (the dogs cause a lot of trouble...this wasn't the first time). He missed and then Katie and I finished our run in the field behind the house....with the cows. We were both laughing and I told her I hoped I didn't slip in a cow patty on the way. Good times, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment