Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was extra thankful for my family this year, and so grateful to be able to spend over a week with them. On Thanksgiving day, we went to Jesse's Uncle Scott's house in Pierce City. Scott and Lynette's house is gorgeous!! It used to be a Catholic church and they bought it and turned it into a house...need I say more? Okay, I will! The family room used to be the gym and has old wooden floors. It also has a fire pole that's about 12 foot tall. The kids always like to slide down the pole, and this was the first year Ayden was big enough to try. I thought he might be afraid, but he loved it!! We also got to see my brother and sister-in-law, Waylon and Amber. That's the first time we've seen them as a married couple, and it was really fun...they look very happy. My nephew Alex has learned to play the guitar for Guitar Hero behind his head, and demonstrated his talents for all of us. I spend a lot of the time making sure the boys were not breaking anything, because there are a lot of things for them to get in to, including a HUGE Christmas tree. We ended the day at mom and dad's house where I got to see most of the Griffith family, along with the Ellis'. It was so great to visit with all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. I've taken for granted my entire life that everyone lived so close to me, and so now that I live so far away, I find myself cherishing our time together. I've been so exhausted since we got home because I stayed up late every night we were gone, but I didn't want to waste time sleeping when I could have been catching up!! We'll make another trip to MO for Christmas in just three short weeks!! In the meantime, here are some of the pictures from Thanksgiving.

















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment