Thursday, November 12, 2009

Psalm 127
Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.
In vain you rise early and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat - for he grants sleep to those he loves.
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children are a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Wow!! You probably already guessed, but I studied this Psalm today. I needed it so much. I've been very much in "survival mode" with my boys lately. I've even been aware of the fact, but just haven't been able to get over the hump. Today, the Lord broke down the barriers and refocused my attention on the blessing of my children. I don't want to be in "survival mode." I want to cherish each second....even when I feel like I spend all day disciplining. I want to correct them with the mindset of training their little hearts and strong wills to yield themselves to authority. Right now, the authority of their parents, but eventually the authority of their Heavenly Father. I love how faithful the Lord is in teaching me, correcting me, and encouraging me. I find myself singing His praises with tears of gratitude in my eyes. That's not to say I'm having a perfect day. As I type Camden is starting to fuss and I've had to stop more than once to keep Landon and Ayden from doing something they shouldn't. But, my eyes today are fixed on Jesus, the author and PERFECTER of my faith. My prayer is that I would choose to live each day in such a way...that's my challenge to myself. Have a great day in the Lord!!!

p.s. Are you supposed to say p.s. in a blog? Anyway, for those of you following Landon's language progress. We've added a few more words/phrases: "right over there," "amen," "have good day," and "sure." His daddy and I are probably the only ones to understand them at this point, but its progress and I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. I love standing at a distance (wish the distance was a tad closer!) and see God work in your life...always be the clay in His hands and He molds you into His masterpiece...love you...mom

    ReplyDelete